Wednesday, March 7, 2012

War On Women

Contrary to what certain members of the media and most liberal pundits would have Americans believe, there is no #waronwomen. I know. It's hard to believe, but conservatives do not care what type of birth control method(s) women choose to use. No one is suggesting that women not be allowed to freely use birth control.

The narrative that right-wingers are trying to take charge over a woman's "reproductive healthcare" is patently false. Conseratives just don't think anyone but the person using the birth control should be forced to help subsidize it. Nor do we believe that a religious organization should be forced to act against its tenets and teachings and be required to pay for insurance that would end up providing coverage for birth control pills, morning after pills, abortions et al.

I love those who try to make the argument that it's non-issue since such a large percentage of the female Catholic congregation actually use birthcontro.

A little analogy if I may: I grew up in a strict souther Baptist house. Southern Baptist take a disapproving view of alchahol consumption (I once had a Sunday school teacher tell me that the wine Jesus turned from water was actually more like grape juice). I, on the other hand, enjoy an adult beverage from time to time and don't believe that I'm doing anything wrong. However, I don't expect my church, or any church, to be forced to provide cocktails in Sunday school.

This was a preconceived plan on behalf of Pres Obama and the Democrats: back off the "original plan" of forcing the church itself to provide contraception to its employees, and simply force all insurance companies to provide for contraception and abortions. Now the Catholic church must pay for and provide insurance, essentially subsidizing the behavior it opposes, or dropping insurance on its employees altogether. Where will these employees get their insurance should the Catholic church go this route? That's right. Obamacare. Pres Obama campaigned on a single-payer healthcare system, and is slowly but surely fixing the game so as to ensure as many Americans as possible are herded into this impending financial fiasco.

2 comments:

  1. Like you I grew up in a deep Southern Baptist home. As a Republican leaning Libertarian and a father of four daughters, I do think my take on things is a little different. It is not along any other "party lines", it is just my own personal opinion. I don't have an issue with insurance companies begin required to pay for any type of birth control. In fact I think it is a necessary concept given today's society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If insurance companies want to include covergae for contraception in its policies, that's their right in our free market society. My problem lies with the president dictating to all insurance companies that their policies must include contraception coverage, thereby giving the Catholic church no choice other than violate its tennants by proxy or dropping coverage on its employees.....which I'm convinced was the end game for POTUS and the Dems all along. Being a necessity due to todayms society is another topic altogether.

    ReplyDelete